Synergy-e-News provides product and event announcements, technical articles written by Synergex developers and consultants, technical tips from our Developer Support team, customer success stories, and industry news.
Some links in older newsletters may no longer work. If you can't get to an article you would like, email us at email@example.com.
Synergy-e-News: December 20, 2022
- Synergy/DE 12.2 – A new feature release
- We've made two important changes to the Synergex Resource Center...
- Select.GroupBy: What’s New and What’s to Come
- Let’s think ahead…
- YAML Your Way to Rapid Deployment
- Tech Tip: FAQ for using Synergy/DE on 64-bit platforms
Synergy-e-News: June 28, 2022
- Synergex celebrates the release of Synergy 12
- Save the date: 2022 DevPartner Conference
- It’s Time to Change the Channel: Security Updates in Synergy/DE 12.1
- Resources for Synergy Developers
- Forward Your Linux Licensing Woes to Windows
- Tech Tip: Defining an enumerated input window field in UI Toolkit
Synergy-e-News: March 8, 2022
- The Latest Synergy 12.0 Feature Release Is Here
- SynergexU Online Learning
- The Synergex Hackathon Was Out of This World
- How Your Development Team Can Opt in to DevOps
- It’s Time to Plan Ahead…
- We’re Distinguished
- Tech Tip: Use the Latest DBMS Utilities with Current and Older Synergy Versions
Synergy-e-News: November 2, 2021
- It's time. Synergy/DE 12.0 has arrived
- When It Comes to Legacy Systems, It's Hip to Be Square
- Calling all license admins
- Test-Driven Development
- Synergex Professional Services at your service
- Tech Tip: Known causes of file corruption
Synergy-e-News: July 29, 2021
- Synergy/DE 11.1.1h Is Here
- How We Successfully Pulled Off Our First Remote Conference
- MVVM or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the ViewModel
- What's New in the Resource Center?
- Elevate Your Endpoints
- Tech Tip: Determining the installed version of Synergy/DE
Synergy-e-News: March 11, 2021
- Announcing Synergy/DE 11.1.1g
- 2021 DevPartner Conference
- Important REV11 Licensing Info
- Tech Article: Achieving DevOps through Continuous Integration
- Thanks for Sharing (customer survey)
- 9 Windows Tips and Tricks You Should Know
- Tech Tip: Verifying whether an optional parameter was passed
Synergy-e-News: October 1, 2020
- 11.1.1f has arrived
- REV11 licensing Jan 1 requirement
- The game is afoot!
- Tech Article: Unit Tests
- Everyone loves a success story
- What are we blogging about?
- Tech Tip: Using Synergy logicals in .NET code
Synergy-e-News: June 25, 2020
- 11.1.1d is here
- isutl: The Next Generation
- Harmony Core webinars
- Unit Testing in Traditional Synergy
- Synergy developer community
- Tech Tip: Locating OpenSSL libraries after upgrading to Synergy/DE version 11
Synergy-e-News: April 2, 2020
- 11.1.1c patch is available
- Synergy DevPartner Conference postponed
- Modifying Strings Without Getting Strung Out
- What are we blogging about?
- Make sure you’re getting the most out of the Synergy developer community
- Are your development needs being met?
- Tech Tip: Making sure changes to code in Visual Studio projects are reflected at runtime
Synergy-e-News: January 28, 2020
- REV11 licensing
- Synergy/DE product roadmap
- 2020 DevPartner Conference agenda
- Presenting in Synergy/DE 11.1.1: Select.Where.Like
- Harmony Core office hours
- Functional testing for Synergy web services with ASP.NET Core
- Need software development consulting?
- Tech Tip: How to upgrade a system with a backup license server to REV11 licensing
Synergy-e-News: October 3, 2019
- Synergy/DE 11 is here
- Introducing REV11 licensing
- 2020 Synergy DevPartner Conference registration
- Are you protecting yourself from upcoming security threats?
- Harmony Core office hours
- Select Join Optimization
- Is your application ready for 2020?
- Tech Tip: Simple method to launch web browser on Windows from traditional Synergy
Synergy-e-News: June 20, 2019
- Announcing Synergy/DE 11 beta
- Save the Date: 2020 Synergy DevPartner Conference
- Upcoming Office Hours webinars
- UK Tech Days
- An open letter to managers hiring Synergy developers
- Up your security game
- Tech Tip: How to obtain the UTC time in Synergy
Synergy-e-News: April 9, 2019
- Synergex Tech Days
- Announcing 10.3.3g Patch
- What’s Up With Harmony Core?
- Synergy/DE 11 beta release coming soon
- Discovering DevOps
- Tech Tip: Deleting directories with traditional Synergy
Synergy-e-News: January 23, 2019
- Office move announcement
- 2018 Synergy DevPartner Conference recap
- EditorConfig: The key to consistent coding style in Visual Studio
- View Trackers in Synergex Resource Center
- Big Code: Dealing with SEGBIG issues
- Using the Power of PowerShell with Synergy
- Tech Tip: Considerations when converting an XML handle to a string using %STRING_FROM_HANDLE
Synergy-e-News: September 25, 2018
- Announcing Synergy/DE 10.3.3f
- Last chance to register for the 2018 Synergy DevPartner Conference
- Installation Authoring and Testing Techniques
- Development projects piling up? Let us help!
- Performance Troubleshooting
- Tech Tip: $ERR_FILFUL when file is less than maximum size allowed
Synergy-e-News: June 27, 2018
- See where Synergy’s headed with our 2018 product roadmap
- Synergy product ordering made easy(er)
- Taking Aim at the Credit Card Security Target
- The 2018 Synergy DevPartner Conference will be here soon
- Big Code: Dealing with SEGBIG issues
- Tech Tip: “Invalid operation join (on)” error after updating
- Your input makes Synergy/DE better!
Synergy-e-News: March 26, 2018
- Synergy/DE 10.3.3e provides SDI enhancements and quality improvements
- Manage your licenses online
- Join us in New Orleans for the 2018 DevPartner Conference
- What a cracking Idea – How participating in the Resource Center Community can improve your Synergy tools
- Synergex Professional Services at your service
- Select performance AND optimization OR optimization
- Our training videos are now at your fingertips
Synergy-e-News: November 16, 2017
- Synergy/DE 10.3.3d Delivers Important Features and Fixes
- A New Interface for Synergy/DE Online Documentation
- “D” Is for Developer
- Our History Summed Up…So Far
- Conference Videos Live on YouTube!
- Tech Tip: Issue in isutl 10.3.1b – 10.3.3c.
Synergy-e-News: July 21, 2017
- Synergy/DE 10.3.3c delivers valuable features and fixes
- How much memory does your sort really want?
- Don’t pass the buck to the runtime!
- Jodah’s trip to Atlanta
- The Synergy DevPartner Conference: “Go. Learn. Stay current”
- See what you missed!
- Tech Tip: Writing to an ISAM file hangs, but reading the file works
Synergy-e-News: January 18, 2017
- Synergy/DE 10.3.3b provides full support for traditional Synergy development in Visual Studio
- Is the conference on your radar?
- Check out our new logo!
- Tech Tip: “Unsupported server version/Feature not available” errors occuring in an xfServer upgrade
Synergy-e-News: October 31, 2016
- Don’t miss out! Mark your calendar for the 2017 Synergy DevPartner Conference: May 8-12
- Has anyone ever asked you “What is Synergy DBMS and how does it compare to Relational Database Management Systems”?
- Do you ever wonder why Ace answers his own questions?
Synergy-e-News: September 29, 2016
- Join us for a day, reap the benefits for years to come
- Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3
- DO examine and modify your Synergy data
- Do you want to know what issues have been reported or fixed in your version of Synergy/DE?
- Tech Tip: Debugging Visual Studio crashes
Synergy-e-News: August 31, 2016
- Calling Synergy DBL users in Europe
- Pick a version, any version
- Tech Tip: Unexpected “Login Failed or MaxUser” error on xfServerPlus system
- Replicating data to SQL Server
- CodeGen 5.1.4 released
Synergy-e-News: July 28, 2016
- Announcing Synergy/DE 10.3.3a patch for Windows and Linux
- The reports are in: Jack Henry saves memory, time with new PDF reporting
- Join the Select who Select using Join
- Tech Tip: Fixing TOKUDF errors (“Symbol already uniquely defined”)
- Are you hiring new programmers? Need to train existing programmers on the latest features in Synergy DBL?
Synergy-e-News: June 23, 2016
- The 2016 Synergy DevPartner Conference: “Synergy rocks!”
- Your developer tools just got even better
- Introducing the Synergex Resource Center Community
- For security compliance, update to current Synergy/DE version
- Important information if you are upgrading to Xamarin 4.1
- Deadline is looming for free Windows 10 upgrade
- Windows Update automatically downloads Windows 10 – what this means to Synergy/DE users
- Paving the way to Visual Studio
- WebDocs updated and expanded
- Get your new employees up to speed quickly on Synergy/DE
Synergy-e-News: May 19, 2016
- Synergy/DE 10.3.3 to debut at Synergy DevPartner Conference next week
- Get ready to interact with your Synergy community
- Keynote: Cyber security expert to speak at Synergy DevPartner Conference
- One IDE to rule them all
- The ‘types they are a-changin’
Synergy-e-News: April 7, 2016
- Announcing new SDI developer build—required for Visual Studio 2015 Update 2
- Got a UI Toolkit application you’d like to modernize?
- IPv6 is coming! IPv6 is coming!
- The stars have aligned—Microsoft’s plans now synchronize with Synergex’s founding principle of portability
Synergy-e-News: February 25, 2016
- A Sneak Peek at the Synergy DevPartner Conference!
- The Writing Is on the Wall! Join Our 2016 Calendar Game!
- Sign of the Times: Improved Ordering with DocuSign
Synergy-e-News: January 29, 2016
- Registration is now open for the 2016 Synergy DevPartner Conference!
- Dream it and Reap: How Turn-Key Benefited Immediately while Transitioning Gradually from OpenVMS to Windows
- Tech Tip: Did you know you can use the latest and greatest DBMS utilities even when using an older version of Synergy?
Synergy-e-News: December 2, 2015
- Back-end to the future: Jackson Lumber migrates their back-end solution from an OpenVMS-hosted xfServerPlus solution to a Windows-hosted WCF solution with native Synergy .NET
- Synergy supports newly released Visual Studio 2015 Update 1
- The mystical world of client/server applications in TCP/IP
Synergy-e-News: October 13, 2015
- Save the date for the 30th annual Synergy DevPartner Conference!
- Turn-Key turns to Synergy/DE License Manager to protect their software
- Need to debug on another machine? Sit back and use the remote
- Introducing the new Synergex Blog
- Tech Tip: License Manager generates 10061 System error
Synergy-e-News: August 27, 2015
- Synergy/DE 10.3.1b is available for download
- Free Mai Tais. Security can’t afford to take a vacation: Strengthen your application’s security with Synergy/DE 10.3.1b
- OpenVMS customers: Join us at the upcoming OpenVMS Boot Camp
- Synergy ventures into Universal Windows apps
- 2015 DevPartner Conference tutorials now available online
Synergy-e-News: July 31, 2015
- Get started today with Visual Studio 2015!
- What’s in it for you when Synergy/DE sim-ships with Visual Studio?
- Use Synergy/DE 10.3.1b for Windows 10
- Synergy/DE 10.3.1b stays vigilant with heightened security compliance
- Why is that first WCF operation SO slow?
Synergy-e-News: June 10, 2015
- Synergy/DE 10.3.1a is available on all platforms for download
- The DevPartner Conference results are in
- DBL’s long-standing Synergy with Visual Studio
- Source control becomes source of pride: Fleet Factors improves processes, productivity after PSG engagement
- Where.In is where it’s at: Using Select Where.In to optimize your code
Synergy-e-News: May 4, 2015
- Where else can you find so many Synergy/DE developers and experts under one roof?
- Windows xfServer goes mobile
- Scanners offer American Dryer a cleaner way to update inventory
Synergy-e-News: March 27, 2015
- What’s hot in Synergy? Find out at the Synergy DevPartner Conference
- Internationally renowned UX authority Billy Hollis to speak at the 2015 Synergy DevPartner Conference
- Synergy now supported on more devices. Announcing full support for iOS, plus PCL support for Windows Phone and Windows Store
- Introducing SDI developer builds. New Synergy “developer builds” support the latest updates of Xamarin tools and Visual Studio
- Developing for Android and iOS. Here’s how to deliver your existing Synergy .NET application to Android or iOS
- End of life coming for older versions of OpenSSL
Synergy-e-News: February 13, 2015
- Calling all Synergy developers! Register today for the 2015 Synergy DevPartner Conference May 11-15 in Philadelphia, PA
- Licensed to roam. Discover how Synergy device licensing differs from traditional licensing
- TECH TIP: Ensuring data integrity with binary data
Synergy-e-News: December 12, 2014
- Put the power of Synergy into the palm of your hand. Synergy/DE 10.3 brings native Android, iOS support plus a ton of new features and enhancements!
- On the road with Synergy-enabled devices. Learn from Rural Computer Consultants’ success with devices and find out how they’re saving customers thousands.
- The changing world of agile product releases. Read the latest blog post from Synergex CTO Roger Andrews
- Reasons to be cheerful. Read the latest blog post from Richard Morris, Synergex Technology Evangelist
- Synergex’s 2015 Synergy DevPartner Conference will take place May 11-15 in Philadelphia, PA, USA
Synergy-e-News: October 31, 2014
- Automated Systems, Inc’s SynergyDE-based Insite app helps Currie State Bank compete with the big guys!
- A Spooktacular eQuiz for the Halloween Whiz. Can you figure it out?
- TECH TIP: An addition operation involving decimal variables and literals sometimes shows the ^A results with leading zeros. Why?
Synergy-e-News: September 11, 2014
- Get a sneak-peek at our new Synergex Resource Center. Give us your input!
- Synergy Interop migration offers Jack Henry huge gains in productivity and code quality
- TECH TIP: Applications in Workbench are unable to find System32 DLLs or EXEs. Why?
Synergy-e-News: August 1, 2014
- Synergy/DE 10.3 Beta – Develop for Mono, Android, Plus Synergy DBL Integration for Visual Studio enhancements and More!
- Warning: Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 RC causes Synergy Projects to crash Visual Studio
- TECH TIP: Make xfServer environment variables available to a web application hosted on IIS
Synergy-e-News: June 20, 2014
- Synergy DevPartner Conference 2014 in Birmingham, UK
- Worth the Wait: Version 10’s Multi-user Repository
- TECH TIP: Getting a “Cannot access network license server” error when Windows Firewall is enabled
Synergy-e-News: April 24, 2014
- Synergy DevPartner Conference Customer Demo
- The DevPartner Conference: There’s No “One-Way” About It
- Synergex Achieves Microsoft Gold Application Development Competency for 9th Year
- Out of Scope, but Not Out of Mind
- TECH TIP: Worbench no longer appears on Start screen
Synergy-e-News: March 20, 2014
- Announcing Synergy/DE 10.1.1c
- Google It!
- What Have Synergy/DE Customers Been Asking about This Year?
- Steering Your Application Toward the Future
- Overcoming Performance Problems Associated with Upgrading to Windows Server 2012
- TECH TIP: %SYSERR returns error even though last Synergy I/O call returned successfully
Synergy-e-News: February 14, 2014
- Bit Shifting Operators Come to Synergy .NET
- Quiz – Is Love in the Air? – Test your knowledge of enumerations as bit fields thus creating a collection of flags
Synergy-e-News: January 13, 2014
- Leading Australian corporate management software company launches 100% Synergy.NET-based Dashboard
- TECH TIP: Determining which source code version created a binary file
Synergy-e-News: November 22, 2013
- Microsoft launches VS 2013; Synergy Developers can benefit immediately
- Microsoft releases Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
- Get your solution “Connected” with Synergy/DE v10
- TECH TIP: ISUTL error “Duplicates detected – records moved to exception file”
Synergy-e-News: October 31, 2013
- Announcing Synergy/DE 10.1.1b
- PSG Blog: Synergy and XAML in Harmony
- PSG Blog: UI Consistency 101 – Put some “Style” into your application
- PSG Blog: Become Master of your AppDomain – Thread your way through Synergy.NET
- Why we’re partial to Partial Methods
- Quiz – Are you up for the Challenge? – Do you pass a Property as the argument to an “out” or “in” parameter?
Synergy-e-News: September 30, 2013
- Snapshots in a snap – Recover previous data states with ISAM Change Tracking
- TECH TIP: Ranging errors with string variables will cause “Unhandled Exception” errors at runtime in Synergy.NET code
- Quiz – Synergy/DE Pros, can you answer this one? – Using the unit testing capabilities built into Visual Studio for testing code and returning proper results
Synergy-e-News: August 29, 2013
- C# to Synergy DBL conversion tools now convert solutions
- Are you ready for the demise of Windows XP? – See what Synergex CTO Roger Andrews has to say
- TECH TIP: Error message: “List’s load method not found”
- Quiz – Can you figure out the results of this Code example? – Tests proper handing of Optional Parameters in your code and consider using Synergy Objects instead
Synergy-e-News: July 25, 2013
- Synergy/DE supports preview release of Visual Studio 2013 and Windows 8.1
- Improving software quality and QA productivity through Automated Testing
- TECH TIP: How to get Intellisense to recognize files as Synergy source files
Synergy-e-News: June 14, 2013
- New Synergy/DE 10.1.1a patch delivers more than fixes – See the new features that improve code optimization
- Introducing the power and flexibility of ISAM REV 6
- TECH TIP: Which libraries do you need when running Synergy/DE on Linux?
- Quiz – Synergy/DE Pros, can you figure out this one? – Learn more about Micro Substitutions and how it can keep your code “clean” for reading the flow of a function
Synergy-e-News: May 20, 2013
- To infinity and beyond – How a Synergy/DE customer changed app to Multi-Tier application
- I support incremental loading – Windows 8 support for infinite scrolling!
- TECH TIP: Unable to set Width property of a .NET form to less than 132 pixels
- Quiz – What’s wrong with this code? – Things to remember when working with the XML parser – instantiate it!
Synergy-e-News: April 12, 2013
- Asynchronous programming: What you’ve been Awaiting for to improve responsiveness of your application
- Paradise by the dashboard light – A fully functional interactive dashboard written in Synergy.NET!
- “One of the best European airports” selects Synergy/DE-based ALDIS airport software
- TECH TIP: Printing a PDF file in Synergy/DE
- Quiz – Can you guess which code implementation gets accessed for an instance of Spring? – Learn how Synergy.NET supports classes that provides a mechanism for a form of multiple Inheritance
Synergy-e-News: March 11, 2013
- IP-based licensing makes its debut in Synergy/DE version 10
- TECH TIP: Unable to create VTX14.so database driver for MySQL on Linux
- Quiz – For St. Patty’s day, review the code to choose odds of getting Murphy’s Irish libation! – A function that derives its initial random seed from the current date and time to determine the odds
Synergy-e-News: February 14, 2013
- Greater productivity with Visual Studio 2012
- William Mooney Blog: Windows 8 – If I can do it, so can you!
- TECH TIP: Removing a product generates the error: “Error opening installation log file. Verify that the location specified ‘log.file’ exists and is writable”
- Quiz – Can you figure out the output of this program? – Learn what happens when you cast an alphanumeric value as a string and as an object and then compare them for equality
Synergy-e-News: January 18, 2013
- Synergy/DE 10.1 has been released! – It will take you wherever you want to go
- Nullable ain’t nothin’! – How to use nullable types
- The changing face of data – PSG Blog from Richard Morris
- HTTP API enhancements in version 10 – PSG Blog from Steve Ives
- TECH TIP: Building using a .NET DLL
- Quiz – If a DLL routine is opened but fails to close what happens on a second call to it? – Test your knowledge of opening and closing DLL routines multiple times using the %DLL_ calls
Synergy-e-News: November 2, 2012
- Synergex International Corporation has new leadership
- Synergex announces KitaroDB – A free NoSQL database for the next generation of applications!
- Pinning Synergy/DE application in Windows 8 – Utility giving quick access from single Windows tile
- Synergy/DE 10: The version too big for a byte – Ensuring your development won’t be affected
- Quiz – What is the output of our latest challenging code?
– Learn to keep functions with the same name in different namespaces straight
Synergy-e-News: October 8, 2012
- Synergy/DE supports newly-released Visual Studio 2012 – Develop modern apps across Microsoft’s platforms
- Yeild better code in Version 10 – Using Synergy .NET v10
- Sendig us data so we can help you troubleshoot an issue? STOP!
- Welcome back, DBL! – Blog from the General Manager
- TECH TIP: Print preview displays incorrectly in Synergy Windows printing API
- Quiz – Can you figure out the output of our Code?
– Highlights the new Lamdba statement in Synergy.NET & shows the compiler’s improved type resolution using .NET Framework
Synergy-e-News: August 17, 2012
- TECH TIP: Seemingly valid code fails to compile with an “Invalid initializer” error
- Quiz – Can you pick the code line that will correctly display a Euro symbol?
- Test your knowledge of displaying a Euro symbol to an open terminal channel
Synergy-e-News: July 13, 2012
- The dreaded Record Lock: It appears without warning, leaves no trace, and instills rage in the innocent users who encounter it!
- TECH TIP: Invaluable tools to help you troubleshoot Synergy .NET assemblies
- Quiz – Can you figure out this Code question? – Test your knowledge of the Dblproto utility and Prototyping your code
Synergy-e-News: June 22, 2012
- Introducing Synergy/DE WebDocs – Access specific Synergy info via traditional Web search
- A Fond (and Overdue) Farewell – To UI Toolkit’s gblctl.def & lstprv.def
- PSG Blog – Updates on CodeGen, Windows 8, and more!
- TECH TIP: Error: “Shared library located outside of SYS$SHARE not found”
Quiz – How well do you know your UI Toolkit routines?
– How to prevent losing data in an input field if you exit without hitting Enter
Synergy-e-News: June 5, 2012
- Generic methods and delegates
- TECH TIP: Prompted for a reboot when installing Synergy/DE 9.5.3a – Why?
Quiz – Can you determine the output of our sample code?
– Learn the Powers and Dangers of using Override Properties in Synergex
Synergy-e-News: May 10, 2012
- Deploy your Synergy applications faster and easier with ClickOnce
- Free Code for Synergy developers – Parse XML files with over 65,534 characters on a line
- TECH TIP: Errors when installing Synergy/DE – “Unidentified Publisher” or “The certificate in the signature cannot be verified”
Quiz – Figure out our Printing code results?
– You need to know your “For Loops” and the true value of a “^b operator” value
Synergy-e-News: April 20, 2012
- Liberated development – Synergy Language Integration (SLI) for Visual Studio
- CodeExchange – Calling C routines from Synergy and vice versa on OpenVMS
- TECH TIP: Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) can prevent access to libraries used by Synergy/DE
Quiz – Solve our code question and learn something?
– Challenge your knowledge of basic Low-level Windows calls
Synergy-e-News: March 29, 2012
- CodeExchange – Add PDF capabilities to your Synergy apps
- Spotlight on Synergy/DE: Extending the Unextendable
- TECH TIP: “psect $DBL_FXD4CTL” warnings on OpenVMS
Quiz – Test your skills with Classes!
– Learn how Synergy/DE’s strong rules about private members enable full encapsulating of the inner workings of classes
Synergy-e-News: March 8, 2012
- Keeping up with industry security standards – UI Toolkit making PCI compliance easier
- CodeExchange – Demystifying ArrayLists
- TECH TIP: ILASM errors when trying to run dblnet
Quiz – In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, Is our sample Windows application wearing any Green?
– Refresh your knowledge of Low-level Windows routines to solve this quiz
Synergy-e-News: February 17, 2012
- Now that’s a good cup of Joe – Synergy/DE 9.5.3 includes hot Java features for xfNetLink deployments
- Google It
- CodeExchange – You can use Google Maps APIs in Synergy applications
- TECH TIP: Unexpected xfServerPlus connection error
Quiz – Can you figure out what our Sample Program’s output?
– Be prepared with your skillset of ‘Bit Sets’ and ‘For Loops’ to solve this Valentine’s Day quiz
Synergy-e-News: January 26, 2012
- OpenVMS Today, Tomorrow, and Beyond
- Are “Lamdbas” just Greek to you? – An introduction to Lamdbas for Synergy Developers
- Bit CodeExchange – Get a head start on Synergy .NET development
- TECH TIP: ILASM error when trying to run dblnet
Quiz – Find the answer to this sample program
– Working with complex data structures, are you ready?
Synergy-e-News: January 6, 2012
- Synergy/DE 9.5.3 Enhancements – DBMS files, U_Edit, Lambda functions, Synergy Language Integration, and More
- Hooked on Synergy DBMS – Possibilities abound with the new IOHooks class
- TECH TIP: Limitations on using XCALL COPY on OpenVMS
Quiz – How efficient are you with your calculation code?
– Test your ability with the use of a d28 field for greatest accuracy
Synergy-e-News: December 9, 2011
- Bit CodeExchange – RemoteServer enables you to compile remotely on Unix & OpenVMS systems with Workbench
- TECH TIP: Data corruption using xfServer over a VPN
Quiz – How well do you know the RANDM subroutine?
– When using an integer field, just what do you get back from the RANDM subroutine, find out
Synergy-e-News: November 17, 2011
- Synergy/DE based application first in its industry to provide one-step remote electronic check deposit
- Support for multiple Synergy/DE versions on one machine has come to an end with v9.5.1
- CodeExchange – Chose the best client/server architecture for your application
- TECH TIP: xfServerPlus service is not restarting after a reboot
Quiz – Don’t get Boxed up with this Quiz?
– How well do you know your primitive data types and their boxed equivalents?
Synergy-e-News: October 28, 2011
- CodeExchange – Get information on calls from and to a routine
- TECH TIP: Getting an ActiveX list in UI Toolkit composite window to load completely
Quiz – Is your coding too clever, to excess? Find out with our sample code
– Learn how excessively clever code can get you into trouble!
Synergy-e-News: September 30, 2011
- Powerful, home-grown Synergy app gets a new Infragistic’s front end
- CodeExchange – Have you ever wanted to code a Synergy program to transfer files via FTP?
- TECH TIP: VSLICKCONFIG error in Workbench
Quiz – Watch your Math parameters in your code
– Know your parameters and how they are declared when using them for math calculation in your code
Synergy-e-News: September 9, 2011
- Synergy/DE 9.5.1b patch released
- TECH TIP: Workspace in Workbench not restored
Quiz – Learn some good programming tips from this quiz
– Three good lessons to learn from this programmer’s quiz, learn what they are!
Synergy-e-News: August 18, 2011
- Picture Perfect – Major UK photo developing company migrates Synergy OpenVMS to new platform
- CodeExchange – Access United States Postal Service information from your Synergy application
- TECH TIP: Internal runtime failure: HATFNC when using DD_ routines
Quiz – Do you know your ASCII character codes?
– Find out what the Synergy/DE call %CHAR(2764) returns to you!
Synergy-e-News: July 28, 2011
- xfNetLink Java and Encription
- PSG Blog – Exposing WCF Services using xfNetLink .NET
- PSG Blog – All Hooked up(Circa 1957, Elvis Presley)
- CodeExchange – Generate xfMethod and xfParam sttribute statements from existing Synergy source code or your current SMC data
- TECH TIP: Too many column returned by query
Quiz: Do you really know what the routine %NUMARGS tells you?
– Find our how it can fail you and your code if not used correctly
Synergy-e-News: June 30, 2011
- Extending your Synergy applications with MEF
- PSG Blog – Building distributed apps with Synergy/DE and WCF
- CodeExchange – Send an email from a Synergy program
- TECH TIP: Licensing error on a Windows machine with both 32 and 64-bit Synergy/DE installed
Quiz: How well do you know Repository Schemas?
– Be careful when referencing a field from within Repository that is not unique, problems can occur
Synergy-e-News: June 9, 2011
- Constraints on generic types
- And the Winner is – Rural Computer Consultants, awarded Minnesota Small Business Persons of the Year
- CodeExchange – ISAMUtils routine provides a handy GUI wrapper to several ISAM utilities
- TECH TIP: xfServerPlus environment variable confusion on UNIX
- Quiz: How well do you know your UI Toolkit window coloring calls? – See the difference between color numbers and pallete entries in a Synergy.ini or Synuser.ini file
Synergy-e-News: May 19, 2011
- Introduction to Generic Types in Synergy .NET
- CodeExchange – Compare xfServer with mapped drive performance
- TECH TIP: “Signal Trap/Segmentation violation” error at runtime – On a 64-bit Windows Synergy/DE app
Quiz: Can you write a method that returns three different strings?
– Try using a Custom Class – Synergy/DE provides several options for solving any problem
Synergy-e-News: April 29, 2011
- FOREACH with a twist – Spotlight on Synergy/DE
- CodeExchange – Display a splash screen in a Synergy .NET Windows Presentation Foundation application
- TECH TIP: Exceeding buffer size for command string argument in SPAWN routine
Quiz: Why does our code snippet fail? Opps, gave you the answer or did I?
– Learn the differences between boxed primitives and their unboxed equivalents
Synergy-e-News: March 29, 2011
- Unraveling the Mystery behind installation issues
- TECH TIP: Application hangs when using a custom destructor. Why?
Quiz: Do you fully understand the Synergy/DE USING statement?
– The USING statement is not only linguistically expressive, it performs as well as the CASE statement
Synergy-e-News: March 3, 2011
- Referencing Synergy .NET Assemblies
- TECH TIP: Calling a destructor from outside a shared image on OpenVMS
Quiz: Why does Case-sensitivity affect the outcome of this code snippet?
– Synergy/DE has the ability to port your code to Microsoft’s .NET Framework and thus new issues can result
Synergy-e-News: February 11, 2011
- Synergy .NET new language feature: Delegates
- Synergy/DE in the World – Supplying the foodservice industry with fine refrigerated food products
- CTO Blog – Mapped drives and Synergy
- TECH TIP: “Rountine not found in ELB” error on 64-bit system when routine is there
Quiz: Can you create a wrapper with the S_BLD for your own routines passing the same arguments?
– It may depend on your knowledge of Synergy Call-back routines or .NET Framework to make it possible
Synergy-e-News: January 6, 2011
- Keeping to Code Standards: Code formatting in Synergy Language Integration for Visual Studio
- That prototyping Thingamajig: Understanding & Using a Quality Assurance tool that you can bank on
- TECH TIP: Debugging segmentation violations or signal trap errors on UNIX with core files
Quiz: Can you have a Class and a Namespace both with the same name in Synergy/DE?
– Learn how to deal with Classes, and Namespaces and not create confusing code for others to have to figure out later
Synergy-e-News: December 9, 2010
- Getting started with Synergy .NET – Itching to kick the tires of Synergy .NET, but not sure where to start?
- TECH TIP: Passing arguments by ^DESC, ^REF, and ^VAL
Quiz: Can you figure out what our Mangled text says without running the sample app?
– Test your skill with this sample code for a secure encryption algorithm, or at least half of one.
Synergy-e-News: November 12, 2010
- TECH TIP: Viewing build output when working with .NET and Java component projects in Workbench
Quiz: Can you take the Static out of our sample code and improve it?
– Changing a Static method to an Instance methods, what issues does this cause?
Synergy-e-News: October 19, 2010
- Where in the World is Synergy/DE? – Selling heaters with the help of TV personalities Bob Vila & Richard Karn
- TECH TIP: xfODBC error: INTERNAL:ZEXMAIN:Multi RID overflow
Quiz: In Synergy/DE, do you know what the operator “//” means?
– Learn that this operator is more than just a division operator in Synergy/DE calculation codes
Synergy-e-News: September 16, 2010
- It’s easy to give your Synergy/DE-based application a Modern UI
- Ready for the Rush – How a company’s proactive practices paid off BIG
- TECH TIP: Error returned when building the SQL Connection server shared library for Oracle 10g on Solaris
Quiz: Does a Class of Strings have anything to do with a Music class?
– Learn how Synergy/DE code converts Objects to strings – explicitly!
Synergy-e-News: August 26, 2010
- New Security updates for SSL on HP OpenVMS
- If you use mapped drives or NAS drives, be aware of possible issues
- TECH TIP: Using Visual Studio to create a ClickOnce deployment
Quiz: Why is RAD50 called RAD50?
– Learn more about Synergy/DE’s ASCR5 & R5ASC routines for conversion between ASCII string & RAD50 integer equivalent
Synergy-e-News: August 5, 2010
- Synergy/DE customer migrates 14,000+ data tables from Oracle to SQL Server – with ease
- TECH TIP: Use xfODBC to enable Crystal Reports to access Synergy data
Quiz: What type of field can store a numeric value between 0 and 255, inclusive, in a single byte?
– Learn how values are stored in Alpha, Integer and Byte types to solve this question
Synergy-e-News: July 8, 2010
- If data security is of any importance to your business, Synergy/DE can help you
- TECH TIP: Configuring xfODBC access to multiple databases on a single OpenVMS machine
Quiz: Why can’t I use GOTO’s in my code anymore? – See why in our sample code
– Even though Synergy/DE has limited support for GOTO statements, it’s no longer recommended! There are better ways to get there
Synergy-e-News: June 17, 2010
- PSG Blog – Are you keeping up with all of the Tips & Tricks of the PSG Blog?
- Crisis averted with Version Control Software
- TECH TIP: Consuming keyboard input in a .NET form within a UI Toolkit application
Quiz: How do you look at your IF conditional code? – There are two ways to do so
– Learn the options you have with the IF conditional code in Synergy/DE
Synergy-e-News: May 27, 2010
- AgTrax’s TraxView – Instantly displays Synergy DMBS data vis xfServerPlus in Map form
- TECH TIP: Creating a form letter with Microsoft Word and xfODBC
Quiz: Can Strings and Alphanumeric values be used interchangeably? – Find out how.
– See how to get the results you want when combining Strings and Alphanumeric values
Synergy-e-News: May 6, 2010
- An ounce of Encryption is worth a pound of cure – Part 3 – Data Encryption
- TECH TIP: Visual Studio Data Source wizard error: “Failed to add relation(s) Unexpected error”
Quiz: What does the message “Signal 11 re-signaled” mean?
– Have you ever seen this error and wondered what’s wrong? Learn now what causes it within Synergy/DE code
Synergy-e-News: April 15, 2010
- An Ounce of Encryption Is Worth a Pound of Cure — Part 2 – Network encryption with xfServerPlus
- Where in the World Is Synergy/DE? – Awarding over $1M to independent tire dealers in need of a bailout
- TECH TIP: Debugging performance issues on Windows
Quiz: How can you create a “lazy list” in Synergy/DE?
– Find out what a “lazy list” is and how you can use one to your advantage
Synergy-e-News: March 18, 2010
- An Ounce of Encryption is Worth a Pound of Cure – Network Encryption with xfServer
- TECH TIP: Error when defining TRUE and FALSE
Quiz: Can you make your Sequential file sorting more efficient?
– Learn the way to efficiently sort a sequential file containing 12,000 records of 1024 bytes each
Synergy-e-News: February 25, 2010
- Synergy/DE is Now “Compatible with Windows 7” – “But didn’t Synergy/DE already support Windows 7?”
- Spotlight on Synergy/DE – Developing xfServerPlus Applications Just Got Easier
- TECH TIP: XSUBR call causes untrappable segmentation violation error
Quiz: Do you use good Design Principles in your code?
– Get some suggestions on how you can create better and less confusing code in the future
Synergy-e-News: February 4, 2010
- Spotlight on Synergy/DE – Controlling the User Installation Experience for Synergy/DE Products
- TECH TIP: Why is the .NET assembly loading so slowly?
Quiz: Did you know you can control the background color of a field when focusing it in UI Toolkit?
– From this quiz. learn how to use Arrive, Leave, IEDTFMT_METHOD, & IDISPLAY_METHOD methods in UI Toolkit to do this
Synergy-e-News: January 12, 2010
- Binary Prototypes – Speed up compiles and reduce dependencies
- Implementing Interoperability Between Embedded .NET WinForms and your Existing Synergy/DE UI Toolkit Logic
- TECH TIP: Consuming keyboard input in a .NET form in a UI Toolkit application
Quiz: How do you get the current Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)?
– Learn the Synergy/DE functions %timezone and %datetime in ways you may never of thought of