Develop for Android and much more!
Synergy/DE 10.3 will deliver many exciting new features, including our initial Synergy .NET support for Mono, which gives you the ability to develop Synergy applications for Android devices. (Future releases will support iOS and OS X.
Synergy/DE 10.3 also includes numerous new features throughout the Synergy/DE toolset, including the following features available in this initial beta release. See the release notes and Online Manuals (available on the downloads page) for more details.
Synergy .NET support for Mono and Android devices:
- Develop applications for Android devices with Visual Studio and Xamarin tools.
- Use new cloud-based Synergy device licensing.
Synergy .NET compiler enhancements:
- Improved performance when using simple groups (includes reduced JIT startup time)
- Support for .BXOR., .BNAND., and .BNOT. with enumerations
- Support for default values for parameters for .NET types (allows optional parameters but with a default value)
- Support for conditional operators
- Support for collection initializers, which enable you to create collection objects and populate them (for use with the Systems.Collections.IEnumerable interface)
- Support for Unicode string literals using .unicode (e.g., symbols)
- Support for partial interfaces
Synergy DBL Integration for Visual Studio enhancements:
- Enhanced "show channels" debugger command now shows the channel number
Traditional Synergy DBL compiler enhancements:
- Support for READONLY STATIC class fields, STATIC classes, and simple properties
- Support for AS to indicate the type of members in a collection (useful for unboxing)
- Support for property initializers, which enable you to instantiate an instance of a class and set public properties without assignment statements
- Fewer restrictions for imports of namespaces for private class fields in imported classes
Workbench upgrade to SlickEdit 18:
- New UI features, including drag and dock file tabs
- Single module compile/librarian replace
Synergy .NET runtime enhancements:
- Support for xfNetLink Synergy (RXSUBR)
- Support for %DLL_CALL
Synergy DBMS (cross-platform) enhancements:
- Support for records larger than 64K in ISAM files on .NET and 64-bit traditional Synergy
- Ability to set maximum file size for an ISAM data file (useful for devices)
- Ability to update text in an ISAM file’s data header with ISCONFIG
- Optimized SELECT statement "in" operator (allows for efficient join functionality)
Why should you check out the 10.3 beta release?
- Learn how you can benefit from the latest Synergy features.
- Make sure your applications perform well with the latest Synergy version.
- Help your Synergy community ensure that 10.3 delivers optimal functionality and quality.
Our initial Synergy/DE 10.3 beta release (v10.2.3c) is available for Windows and Linux! Download it now.