We are pleased to announce the availability of the first CodeGen release of 2022, version 5.8.1. As always, you can download the new version from our GitHub Releases page and view the documentation at https://codegen.synergex.com.
The enhancements included in this release are:
- We added the ability to define the minimum version of CodeGen required by your environment by setting the environment variable CODEGEN_MIN_VERSION.
- We added support for generating sample data (JSON formatted) for structure parameters when using the <PARAMETER_SAMPLE_DATA> parameter loop expansion token.
- We added a new method loop expansion token <METHOD_RETURN_SAMPLE_DATA>.
- We corrected an issue that prevented the -checkversion and other related operations from operating correctly.
- We altered the <INTERFACE_NAME> token to support all case variations.
- We changed the output of the parameter loop expansion token <PARAM_TSTYPE> to be consistent with the documentation by emitting structure names in camelCase rather than PascalCase.
- We added a new mechanism for dealing with literal key segment values requiring trailing spaces to be maintained as part of the literal value. This change can alter the output of the <SEGMENT_LITVAL> and <LITERAL_SEGMENT_VALUE> expansion tokens.
This version of CodeGen was built with Synergy/DE 22.214.171.12472 and requires a minimum of version 10.1.1 to operate.