We are continually working on improvements to our Synergy DBL Integration for Visual Studio (SDI) product, and we are pleased to announce the release of a new developer build #2704, which is available for immediate download.
This release contains some important improvements in the debugging environment, and also contains some enhancements to IntelliSense related to indexed groups and indexer properties. We also made some improvements in the category options in the new project dialog in Visual Studio 2019.
If you are running an earlier version 11 release of SDI then we recommend you upgrade immediately to take advantage of these improvements, and if not then you should consider doing so, at least for your development tools. Remember that you can use runtime version targeting to produce binary software for older runtime versions if you’re not ready to upgrade your customer or production systems yet.
If like me you prefer to have a local copy of the Synergy/DE documentation available for those times when you can’t get to the internet, then you’ll be happy to hear that we have just published an updated off-line installer for the 11.1.1c documentation and it is now available for download in the Resource Center.
I am pleased to announce that we have just released a new version of CodeGen with the following enhancements:
- We modified the way that key loops are processed so that if a repository structure has a mixture of access keys and foreign keys defined, the foreign keys are ignored when processing key loops.
- We added a new key loop expression <IF FIRST_SEG_NOCASE>.
- We added four new field loop expressions <IF AUTO_SEQUENCE>, <IF AUTO_TIMESTAMP>, <IF AUTO_TIMESTAMP_CREATED> and <IF AUTO_TIMESTAMP_UPDATED> which can be used to determine if fields are defined as auto sequence or auto time-stamp fields.
- We added two new key loop expressions <IF AUTO_TIMESTAMP_CREATED> and <IF AUTO_TIMESTAMP_UPDATED>.
- We added two new key segment loop expressions <IF SEG_AUTO_TIMESTAMP_CREATED> and <IF SEG_AUTO_TIMESTAMP_UPDATED>.
- We changed the behavior of the field loop expansion token <FIELD_TYPE_NAME> when used in conjunction with auto-sequence and auto-time-stamp fields.
This version of CodeGen is built with Synergy/DE 10.3.3a, requires a minimum Synergy runtime version of 10.1.1, and can be downloaded from here.