There’s a new version of CodeGen out there, so if you’re using it, here’s what’s changed in this version:
- We added a new special structure expression token <STRUCTURE_HAS_FIELD_name> that allows you to detect the presence or absence of a named field within the structure.
- We improved the logic used when processing unique key loops and unique alternate key loops and made a slight change to the way that the unique alternate key loops operate. Previously the loop would not compare alternate key segments with the primary key, but now it does. So the loop now processes any alternate keys that do not have identical key segments to the primary key or any previous alternate keys.
- We fixed a problem with the implementation of the -pa command line option that would cause CodeGen to fail when used with an input file containing multiple structures.
- We fixed a problem with the implementation of the -tweaks option which could result in a null reference exception in some rare circumstances.
- We reviewed and updated all sample templates that ship with CodeGen to ensure they use the latest capabilities such as taking advantage of complex expressions to simplify template complexity resulting from nested expressions.
- This version of CodeGen was built with Synergy/DE 11.1.1g and requires a minimum of version 10.1.1 to operate.
As always, this new release is backward compatible with earlier releases, so we recommend that everyone download the new version as soon as possible.