This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors that we collect, process and use through our website; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data. This policy does not apply to information that we collect through other channels, such as information that we collect offline, from other websites or from emails you send us. For purposes of this policy, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit the publication of your information.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect information, including personal data, about you to provide our services. In order for us to best provide our services to you (and to help make it feasible for us to do so), it is essential that we are able to collect and use the personal data as described in this policy. This means that the data collection is largely necessary for fulfilling the relationship we have with you, and where that is not the case, we have a legitimate interest in collecting the information.
We may collect information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, when you (or other users) provide it to us when using our websites or in some other manner. We use customer contact information to send the user information about our company and occasionally to follow up with further mailings. Synergex does not sell information you submit. You always have the choice to opt out of any future mailing.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our website, your device automatically provides information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your computer, such as your IP address or other device identifier, the type of device you use, and operating system version. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with our website.
We may automatically collect types of information in the following ways when you visit our websites:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our websites and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our websites and enables us to customize our products, services and advertisements.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the information we collect to improve our products and to provide our services. In order for us to do so (and to help make it feasible for us to do so), it is essential that we are able to collect and use the information as described in this policy. This means that our data collection is largely necessary for fulfilling the relationship we have with you, and, where that is not the case, we have either your consent, or a legitimate interest in using the information, namely the proper administration of our website and business, as described below:
- We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services.
- We may process your account data (“account data”). The account data may include your name and email address. The source of the account data is you or your employer. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases, and communicating with you.
- We may process information included in your personal profile on our website (“profile data”). The profile data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, relationship status, birthday, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details]. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services.
- We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our products or services (“service data”). The service data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.
- We may process information that you post for publication on our website or through our services (“publication data”). The publication data may be processed for the purposes of enabling such publication and administering our website and services.
- We may process information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding products and/or services (“inquiry data”). The inquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and/or services to you.
- We may process information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information (“customer relationship data”). The customer relationship data may include your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact details, and information contained in communications between us and you or your employer. The customer relationship data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers, keeping records of those communications and promoting our products and services to customers.
- We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of products and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased products and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you relevant notifications and/or newsletters.
- We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, protecting our business, or obtaining professional advice.
- We may process any of your personal data in order to provide you with personalized content, or services offered by us as well as promotional content and services.
- We may process any of your personal data in order analyze the use of the website, or to customize and improve the features, performance, and support of the site.
- We may process any of your personal data in order to provide relevant advertising, including interest-based advertising from us and third parties, which may mean that we share non-personally identifiable information to third-party advertisers.
- We may process any of your personal data for purposes related to our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and product and service improvement.
- We may process any of your personal data in order to create aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you individually and that we can commercialize.
- We may process any of your personal data for other purposes that you separately authorize as you interact with us.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this policy, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure, in order to protect or assert our legal rights, your legal rights and/or the legal rights of others.
How We Share Information
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries or affiliates) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
We only disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- Financial transactions relating to our website, products and services may be handled by our payment services providers, such as Authorize.net. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
- We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world (including web servers, cloud storage systems, CRM providers, email services, content support teams, marketing partners, advertising partners, and others) to help us deliver our services and run our business subject to strict confidentiality agreements. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may share personal data with your consent.
In the event of a reorganization or sale of our company or assets, your data may be transferred, subject to the acquirer and its affiliates accepting the commitments made in this policy and compliance with applicable law.
Your principal rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) if you are an EU-resident user who is a natural person are set forth below. Rights under other data protection laws may vary. Rights under the GDPR are as follows:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances include where you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- (a) consent; or
- (b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract,
and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
If you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. If you are an EU resident, you may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. We use two types of cookies on our website: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website. A persistent cookie remains on your device until you manually delete it (how long the cookie remains will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie and your browser settings). Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user. However, personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
How Cookies Are Used
Cookies Used By Our Service Providers
Cookies Used For Advertising
When we work with third-party vendors to serve you personalized, interest-based advertising, we do not share information with them that they can use to identify you or associate with you as a specific individual unless you have instructed us to do so (such as when you fill out a lead form in an ad). Similarly, if one of those parties have information about you saved in one of their own cookies on your browser, they use that information to help us send you a relevant ad, but they do not share with us information that we can associate with you as an individual.
Opting Out of Cookies
You are also able to opt out of third-party advertiser and ad network placement of cookies or targeted advertising generally by visiting their respective links. For example, you can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting Google Ads Settings or by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
PLEASE NOTE: If ads or other features on the website are provided by third parties, those parties set and use their own cookies that are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies. Synergex does not have access to, or control over, those cookies. Also, if you respond to ads posted by third parties or submit information to third parties via the website, such third parties receive information about you subject to their privacy policies.
We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our products or services. You are responsible for keeping your username and any applicable passwords. Do not share passwords with anyone else. Synergex assumes no responsibility for the privacy of sites linked to or from www.synergex.com.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it to provide our products and services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your personal information with and who carries out services on our behalf. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving. When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, we will either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we cannot identify you.
This site gives users the option to remove their information from our database in order to stop receiving information from us. If you have any questions, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may revise this policy from time to time by posting an updated version on the website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes to this policy. This version of the policy will be effective for you as described at the beginning of the policy. Further revisions of this policy will become effective as follows: The revised policy will be effective immediately for unregistered users and users registering accounts or otherwise acknowledging the policy on or after the revision date. For other users who registered accounts before the revision date, it will also become effective immediately. However, they can object to the new policy within thirty (30) days after the revision date. If we make a change that we believe materially reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We may provide notice of changes in other circumstances as well. Your continued use of the website is subject to the most current effective version of this policy.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact our data protection officer at the following address:
Synergex International Corporation
2355 Gold Meadow Way
Gold River, California 95670
Copyright © 2023 Synergex International Corporation, 2355 Gold Meadow Way, Gold River, CA, U.S.A. All rights reserved. Synergy is a trademark of Synergex International Corporation. Other companies and products mentioned herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.