Introduction to Licensing Toolkit
Synergy/DE Licensing Toolkit consists of the Licensing Toolkit API, the License Key Generator utility, and the lmkx utility:
- The Licensing Toolkit API enables you to build Synergy/DE License Manager protection into your own Synergy and xfNetLink .NET applications. On Windows, the API is distributed with Core Components and includes both Synergy DBL routines and a C API, syncli_api.dll, which contains functions that can be called from a C, C++, .NET, or any other application that can call a DLL.
On UNIX, the API includes only the Synergy DBL routines and is distributed with the runtime.
- The License Key Generator utility, available for Windows only, is used to generate product keys for your application so that it may be used by your customers. This utility is sent to you by Synergex upon request. At the same time, Synergex will assign a producer code to your company, which you will need when using the Licensing Toolkit API.
- The lmkx utility, an interactive interface to the License Key Generator (and therefore also available only on Windows), simplifies the collection of information required to generate product keys. This utility is also sent to you by Synergex. The source code is included in the distribution so that you can modify the utility to suit your needs.
This document explains how to use Licensing Toolkit to secure your applications with License Manager. When a Synergy application has been secured with License Manager, the application will not run unless License Manager and product keys for the application have been installed. You can configure your Synergy application to allow a maximum number of concurrent users, to secure specific components, and to run for a limited amount of time.
Licensing Toolkit can also be used to implement a reporting routine that can be used to satisfy license usage requirements for xfServerPlus applications (see Checking license usage), as described in the Synergex Synergy/DE Product License Agreement (PLA). See your Synergex account executive for details on the reporting requirements.
- Synergy/DE Licensing has information about License Manager, product keys, and Synergy key files.
- The zip file sent to you by Synergex includes several examples that illustrate the use of Licensing Toolkit. After you unzip the file, see the readme.txt file in the root directory for more information.