Exit to the previous environment
WTSupported in traditional Synergy on Windows
WNSupported in Synergy .NET on Windows
USupported on UNIX
VSupported on OpenVMS
E_EXIT exits to the previous environment. It performs the following operations:
- Deletes local windows, menu columns, and toolbars
- Purges local channels
- If the display was not shared with the previous level, restores the previous level’s placed windows, menu columns, and toolbars. Note, however, that this does not apply to toolbar buttons. If a toolbar button is deleted, leaving the environment will not restore it.
- If a toolbar button was forced down (with the TBB_SELECT subfunction of %TB_BUTTON or because it is a member of a group) in a prior environment and then was popped up in the current environment, exiting the environment pushes the button down again. This also invokes the button’s method and/or keystrokes associated with the left mouse button if any are registered.
- Restores the state of menu columns and menu entries, whether enabled or disabled, and the state of toolbar buttons, whether enabled or disabled. (Note that if a button was selected in a prior environment and then was deselected in the current environment, exiting the environment selects the button. This invokes the button’s method and any registered keystrokes that are associated with the left mouse button.)
- Restores the previous level’s header, footer, and information line
The UI Toolkit utilities remember only the placement and order of a placed window. If you modify any other characteristics (for example, color or contents), they will remain modified.