Deleting temporary fields
Deleting a temporary field actually deletes the temporary field definition (unlike deleting a field to print, a field to sort, and so forth, which only removes the field from a list).
If you delete all of the files to read in your report, the temporary file and all of its temporary fields are deleted as well.
A temporary field can be deleted only when all of the following conditions are true:
- It is not selected as a field to print.
- It is not used in a selection criterion or conditional.
- It is not used as a sort field.
- It is not used in a calculation.
- It is not used as a subscript for an arrayed field.
- It is not used as a range value.
||Highlight the field in the Temporary Fields list.
||Select Field functions > Delete field.
||At the prompt, select Yes to delete the field or No to cancel the deletion.