Deleting a file from your report
||Highlight the file in the Files to Read window.
||Select File functions > Delete file.
You can delete a file provided that all of the following conditions are true:
- No field from this file is being printed in a detail line, pre- or post-break line, or header or footer line.
- No field from this file is a sort field.
- No field from this file is used in a selection statement or other conditional.
- No field from this file is used as a subscript.
- No field from this file is used as a range offset or length.
- No field from this file is used in a calculation field expression.
- No field from this file is used in a subtotal access field definition.
- The structure associated with this file is not used to access another file to read. (In other words, it is not linked to another file through a Repository relation.)
- This file is not used in a multiple projection.
If you delete all of the files to read in your report, the temporary file and any temporary fields you’ve created are deleted as well.