Displaying a report on the screen
To display a report on your screen, select Operations > Display report.
- If a complete report is currently loaded, that report is displayed. The report remains loaded when the display is complete.
- If no report is loaded, you are prompted for the report name. Enter the name of the report you want to view. To select a report from a list of available reports, select Name functions > List selections. When the display is complete, no report is loaded.
You can cancel the display of a report by pressing the interrupt key for your system.
You can select Display report from anywhere in ReportWriter, but if you haven’t finished defining at least one field to print (on a detail line, break line, or header/footer line), you’ll get an error message.
- Once the report is displayed, ReportWriter pauses at the end of each screen page.
- If the right side of the report is out of view, you can select Page > Scroll right to display it. Select Scroll left to redisplay the left side of the report.
- When you’re ready to view the next page, select Page > Next page.
- To redisplay previously viewed pages of the report, select Previous page to move up one page.
- To go to the top of the report, select First page.
- To return to the most recently viewed page, select Last page. (Note that Last page does not go to the last page in the report.)
- To exit the report display, press the Exit shortcut.