WTSupported in traditional Synergy on Windows
WNSupported in Synergy .NET on Windows
USupported on UNIX
VSupported on OpenVMS
The VORTEX_HOST_SYSLOG environment variable instructs the SQL OpenNet server to generate messages for the event log (Windows), syslog (UNIX), or the operator console (OpenVMS) when an attempt to connect to an SQL OpenNet server causes fatal errors.
The Connectivity Series installation automatically sets this environment variable. We don't recommend changing this setting.
The server, as follows:
- On Windows, the opennet.std file, which must be on the server.
- On UNIX, the environment (the startnet file) before starting vtxnetd.
- On OpenVMS, a system-wide logical before starting the server program (CONNECT_STARTUP.COM).
xfODBC, SQL Connection
- Error logging for xfODBC
- SQL Connection troubleshooting and error logging
- vtxnetd and vtxnet2 programs