Ambiguous symbol symbol
One of the following scenarios has occurred:
- A routine call cannot be resolved unambiguously to a routine declaration.
- The specified locally defined or class identifier is not unique within a scope.
- The specified class identifer is not unique within multiple imported namespaces.
- The specified symbol path is not unique within the routine.
- A property and a field have the same name with different uppercasing, but the calling path doesn’t exactly match the case of either member.
- A method call involving a parameterized type cannot be resolved to a method with specific non-generic types.
- When calling an extension method, more than one extension method was found in the same namespace.
To make a class identifier unique, you can qualify it with its namespace. For example, a class called File could be identified as UserNS.Class1.File.