Future-Proof Development Tools
Having the right tools for the job can mean the difference between an elegant solution and an ordinary one. Whether you’re using Microsoft Visual Studio® or Professional Series Workbench, we’ve got the tools you need to efficiently deliver sophisticated enterprise applications, no matter what the future brings.
Visual Studio Integration
This extension for Visual Studio enables you to use the industry-leading Visual Studio development environment to create traditional Synergy applications and/or Synergy .NET applications (which run under the .NET Framework). Visual Studio includes IntelliSense®, a powerful debugger, user interface design tools, project wizards, and data designers.
Professional Series Workbench
Workbench is a development environment for traditional Synergy that provides integrated access to Synergy/DE’s feature-rich development tools and automates routine development tasks. Workbench runs on Windows and supports source files on Windows, Linux/Unix, or OpenVMS.
Professional Series Development Environment (PSDE)
If you prefer to develop your applications on Linux/Unix or OpenVMS systems, you can use the Professional Series Development Environment, which consists of the core development tools listed below, without an integrated visual interface.
Core development tools:
- Synergy DBL, a comprehensive, proven language for developing business applications.
- Synergy DBMS file system for fast, portable, reliable data access.
- UI Toolkit for creating effective graphical user interfaces for both Windows and non-Windows environments.
- Repository, the central location for storing data definitions for use across all of your applications.
- ReportWriter, a tool for retrieving, integrating, and consolidating data into columnar, ad hoc reports.
- Composer, for drag-and-drop design of user interfaces in a visual development environment.