Synergy/DE includes the following products and features for development and deployment on OpenVMS. Development on OpenVMS can be compatible with Windows and Linux/Unix development.
For OpenVMS development, Synergy/DE includes
- Synergy DBL, a cross-platform DIBOL-based language with base class libraries and object-oriented features.
- xfServer, a high-performance data server that enables Synergy applications to access remote RMS data.
- Access to remote Synergy logic from the following clients via xfServerPlus:
- Java and Synergy on Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- .NET on Windows systems
- ODBC and ADO.NET access to RMS data from Windows clients via xfODBC.
- SQL Connection, a SQL API that enables Synergy applications to access third-party databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and other ODBC-compliant databases).
- Access to RMS data files.
- UI Toolkit, a library and utilities for creating user interfaces that are compatible with Linux/Unix and Windows development.
- Synergy/DE Repository, a centralized location for your data definitions.
- Synergy APIs, which enable applications to send and receive via HTTP and HTTPS, directly access sockets for TCP/IP communication, directly access XML from your Synergy applications, use shared images written in other languages, and more.
- Encryption support.
For greater productivity, we recommend using our Workbench IDE for OpenVMS development on Windows. Learn more…
Revitalize your UI
Keep proven applications competitive by adding up-to-date user interfaces. Your business logic is reliable and your applications deliver on functionality, so why should they look outdated? With Synergy/DE, you can enhance your OpenVMS applications with Windows front-ends that use Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), integrate third-party ActiveX controls, add Windows Store style applications for mobile devices, and take advantage of a number of other established or emerging technologies. Find out how PSG can help…