This class combines focused lectures with hands-on lab exercises to expose students to the newer and more advanced features of the Synergy/DE development environment.
Developing advanced software applications often involves using diverse software tools and technologies in order to integrate applications from multiple vendors across multiple computing platforms. An intensive five-day instructor-led class, Synergy/DE Integration Essentials includes extensive hands-on lab exercises, giving attendees the opportunity to practice new techniques as they learn them.
Attendees for this class should be experienced Synergy DBL developers who are familiar with the Synergy/DE Repository. Knowledge of Visual Studio and a .NET language is helpful but not required. Although the class exercises will involve the use of xfNetLink .NET Edition and Visual Studio, integration options for other client environments (xfNetLink Java Edition) will also be discussed. The environment for the class exercises will be provided by a Windows terminal server, and attendees will be expected to bring a laptop computer for use during the class (for alternate solutions, please contact your Synergy/DE account manager).
It is expected that students attend all five days of the class, unless prior arrangements are made with the instructor. Laptops used during the class must be loaded with the latest supported version of Synergy/DE and Professional Series Workbench.
The class lasts five full days. Additional independent computer lab time may be available depending on class location.
The class will begin each day at 9:00 a.m. PST and end at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST, with an hour for lunch. Students are responsible for meals and lodging. Synergex can provide recommendations for nearby restaurants and hotels.
Tuition & Notes
- $2250 per person
- Synergex reserves the right to cancel this class two weeks before it is scheduled to begin if minimum enrollment requirements are not met.
- Taking advantage of dynamic memory allocation
- Composing and parsing XML files with the Synergy XML API
- Communicating with web servers and web applications using the Synergy HTTP document transport API
- Calling XML web services using SOAP
- Exposing Synergy business logic using xfServerPlus
- Using the Synergy/DE remote debugger to debug Synergy methods and other code
- Creating Windows and web clients to a Synergy application using xfNetLink .NET and Visual Studio
- Exposing Synergy business logic through an XML web service using Visual Studio
- Creating callable distributed applications using object and connection pooling
See our Class Policies for more information.
Custom classes can be held onsite at your facility. Please contact Synergex for details. Phone 800.366.3472, or 916.635.7300 or email email@example.com.